Gifts of Appreciated Securities
How It Works
- Donor can send unendorsed stock certificates by registered mail or instruct broker to make the transfer from account to UJA-Federation's account
- Donor receives an income-tax deduction
- UJA-Federation may keep or sell the securities
- Donor may receive a federal income-tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the securities
- Donor avoids long-term capital-gain tax on any appreciation in the value of the stock
- Donor's gift will support UJA-Federation
Special note: Donor should call or e-mail us to tell us of intent, and we will be able to assist with the details of the transfer.
Which Gift Is Right for You?
William Samers, Vice President
Stanley Baumblatt, Director
Shira Hudson, Associate Director
UJA-Federation of New York
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.